5 Tips For Finding The Right Trade School
Rosedale, the Right Trade School for You!
Today’s graduates face many challenges. A declining economy, competition from overseas markets and rising unemployment rates. Many students are looking to trade schools, which provide specific training in a particular field, whether it be an electrician, auto mechanic, diesel mechanic, HVAC training, or even truck driving.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics the number of students enrolling in trade schools increased by about half a million between 1990 and 2005. By 2014, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that middle-skill jobs will make up about 45% of all job openings, with companies unable to find enough qualified workers to fill them.
Choosing the right trade school is as important as deciding on a career path. The right trade school should provide you with the training that you need to succeed in your chosen field as well as prepare you for the challenges of today’s job market. The following are some tips to look for in choosing the right trade school:
- Credentials – Simply put, a trade school’s credentials are the key to any student’s success. A trade school’s credentials allow them to offer financial aid programs from state and federal programs. Also, an accredited trade school offers better job prospects in your field, and is taken more seriously in the field due to the rigorous requirements necessary to achieve their credentials.
- Hands-On Experience – Hands-on experience is not only necessary, it is crucial to achieving success in any technical field. Many trades require specific skills, and finding a trade school that focuses on teaching those specific skills allows you the experience you need, not only to find a job, but to excel in your career.
- Learning Environment – Student interaction in the proper learning environment is essential. Smaller class sizes, classroom technology, tutoring services and available housing all help to create an environment that allows for the individual needs of each student. A trade school should allow for their students to spend time with their instructors, addressing any issues and fostering a positive learning experience.
- Up-To-Date Technology – The technical field is constantly evolving, and trades such as HVAC technicians, electricians and auto or diesel mechanics must strive to keep up with the changes. A trade school needs to be modernized and up-to-date on the current technology in each field, ensuring the highest success rate for their graduates in the job market.
- Job Placement Assistance – Once students have graduated, entering a competitive job market can be a challenge. Trade schools that provide job placement assistance give students a heads-up on the competition, and properly prepare them to meet the demands of today’s current job market.
Rosedale Technical Institute of Pittsburgh has over 60 years of training students in the
fields of automotive, diesel, electrical, truck driving, and HVAC. Founded in 1949, Rosedale Technical Institute strives to meet the needs of each individual student and provide â€œhands-onâ€ experience to give students the skills they need to succeed.
Rosedale Technical Institute of Pittsburgh is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career School and Colleges and is licensed by the Pennsylvania Board of Private Licensed Schools. In addition, Rosedale has been evaluated by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) and has been judged to meet the Automotive Service Excellence standards for all eight mechanical areas in both the Automotive and Diesel Technology programs.
Offering job placement assistance, financial aid, and a superior student services program, Rosedale Technical Institute of Pittsburgh strives to ensure that each and every one of their students achieves success in their chosen career field. When you want an edge in today’s competitive job market, Rosedale Technical Institute of Pittsburgh is your key to a prosperous career!
Contact Rosedale Technical Institute of Pittsburgh today for a tour, conveniently located at the intersection of I-79 and Rt. 60 in Kennedy Township, Pittsburgh.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Rosedale Tech is a nonprofit Equal Opportunity Educational Institution and Employer, ACCSC Accredited Institution, and ASEEF Certified. Gainful Employment disclosure information is available at www.RosedaleTech.org.