What’s Going On at Rosedale Tech During COVID-19 Closure?
Despite our technical training being interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the faculty and staff at Rosedale Tech have been working diligently to continue offering quality services to current and prospective students.
Here’s what we have been up to:
- General Education classes were offered for many students in April and now into May. Over the next few weeks, all students will be scheduled for resuming a normal schedule of classes. These classes will begin with distance education, but we expect that students will be able to come on campus in the near future to complete these classes and do lab/shop work as appropriate. Continuing students will start their next classes on Monday May 18th, and most new students will start on Tuesday May 26th though some new students start on May 18th. We have already contacted a few Truck Driving students who will have a unique starting date. We plan to cover only the theory portion of our technical classes via distance education, while campus is still closed. We will be doing the hands-on components and shop work on campus, as soon as we are able to reopen. Starting with the theory via distance education is the best solution to keep students progressing forward in their programs while keeping everyone safe and healthy.
- We recently signed up for the online job board platform, Handshake, as a way to further enhance the connection between students and employment opportunities in the trades.
- On March 13th, Rosedale Tech welcomed a dynamic group of women for its 4 thAnnual Women in the Trades Day. Those in attendance were eager to learn about career opportunities in nontraditional fields with high demand for skilled workers.
- Rosedale Tech hosted its first-ever Virtual Open House on April 15th on Facebook Live. Check it out Here.
- On Tuesday, May 5, we participated in the national #GivingTuesdayNow initiative. Donations collected from the day of giving will help to cover costs of added safety equipment and facility enhancements for our students, faculty and staff once it is safe to return to class. Some items the funds will help purchase include facemasks, gloves, plexiglass structures, and addition sanitation stations. Donations are still being accepted Here.
- Rosedale Tech’s 3rd annual golf outing is still scheduled to take place on Friday, July 17, at The Club at Shadow Lakes in Aliquippa, PA. Register online Here.
Are you connected with Rosedale Tech on social media? If not, please take a minute to “Like” us on Facebook, as well as follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn.