SELECT THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR YOUR TRADE:
THEIR CAREER IS WAITING
Here at Rosedale Technical College, we pride ourselves in training our students in the trades and preparing them to become your next high-performing employee. With programs spanning a variety of industries, you’re sure to find graduates that suit your company’s needs.
Hiring an Expert in the Trades:
A Guide to Trade School for Employers
Are you looking to hire qualified skilled technicians? Selecting the right candidate for a trade job can be difficult, especially when the demand for skilled workers is high, but the number of qualified candidates is scarce. There are many factors to consider, and it can be hard to know where to start. However, some of the most important things to look for are experience and the quality of their education.
This is where Rosedale Tech comes in. Rosedale Tech is a trade school that offers its students real-world experience through partnerships with local businesses (just like yours!). As a result, Rosedale Tech graduates are better prepared for the workforce and can offer a litany of benefits to potential employers.
If you’re seeking qualified candidates for a trade job, partnering with Rosedale Tech is an excellent way to get exposure for your company and access a pipeline of qualified applicants.
Why Hire a
Rosedale Tech Grad?
If you have received an application from a student that attended Rosedale Tech, rest assured that the utmost care was taken in the process of their vocational training.
At Rosedale Tech, we do everything we can to ensure that our trade school graduates are prepared for the real world by learning actual skills on equipment that may be found in the workforce.
Providing an education to the much-needed future generations of industrial workers, welders, and technicians is not something we take lightly here at Rosedale Tech. We provide a high-level education taught by instructors with actual industry experience. Our administration regularly engages with our faculty and students to ensure that we continue to meet the standard we hold ourselves accountable to. In addition, we continuously engage with employers to ensure our curriculum aligns with the industry’s needs. It is for this reason that we can proudly continue to serve our students and communities with great levels of care.
If you’re interested in hiring Rosedale graduates for open positions in your company, please fill out the form below.
Partner with Rosedale Tech
Building relationships with employers is essential to the success of Rosedale Technical College and our graduates. This success starts well before a student graduates and obtains a career. At Rosedale Tech, career assistance starts even before a prospective student starts class. By leveraging employer partners in the recruitment of prospective students, individuals are able to visualize their future and understand more about potential employment opportunities. Once a student begins class, we encourage our students to begin their employment exploration to find their future career fit and build a network.
As a result, businesses that partner with trade schools can develop a pipeline of skilled workers who are ready and able to contribute to the company’s success. Therefore, by developing a relationship with trade schools you can reap many rewards, both in terms of recruiting top talent and long-term success.
As the workforce continues to evolve, Rosedale Tech can be an invaluable resource for you and your company when you’re in search of qualified workers. By establishing a partnership with us, we can offer a great way to find the talent you need.
Some ways to engage with our students include:
- Participate in our bi-annual career fairs
- Sponsor student activities and/or school events
- Visit the school and speak to students about your company and employment opportunities
- Host students for a field trip at your company
- Sign up for tuition reimbursement programs or other employee benefit package
- Attend and/or speak at one of our graduation ceremonies
- Participate in our advisory board meetings
When you partner with Rosedale Tech for employment needs, expect the relationship to be a two-way street. It’s important as an employer to understand our expectations and also provide you with what you can expect from us.
Rosedale Tech will:
- Make students aware of upcoming career services events and employer visits. All students are encouraged to attend events, but are not required.
- Get student permission prior to sending their information (transcripts, resumes, etc.) to employers and will not send lists of students to employers without first determining if a student is interested in the opportunity
- Work with employers to display and share employment opportunities, employment benefits, and sponsor acknowledgments
- Coach students on professional behavior and employment etiquette
- Promote job fit – determining what a student is looking for as a career and learning about employers’ culture to help fit a successful match
- Communicate opportunities, updates, and other College information with employers
As an employer partner, it is valuable to:
- While communicating with students, be professional in discussing what your organization has to offer and avoid speaking adversely to other employment opportunities or competitors.
- If unable to uphold a commitment, please let us know. Students are disappointed when an employer does not show without notice.
- Donate training items, sponsor events to provide name visibility throughout the College to prospective and current students as well as social media posts.
Continued Education Opportunities
Our training doesn’t have to end after a student graduates. Rosedale Tech offers custom corporate trainings for companies in need of specific training for their employees. In addition to custom corporate training, we also offer various training programs throughout the year, including Pennsylvania State Safety Inspections and Emissions certification classes and Hazmat training. To learn more about what we can offer, please Contact Us.
To learn more about us, check out our blog and read some of our latest posts. If you want to learn more about becoming one of our partners, please reach out. We’d love to hear from you.